Tuesday, February 14, 2012

valentines day

Happy Valentine’s Day! Jonathan got the cutest cards for the kids this year. Gabe’s was Star Wars (his new obsession) with a note inside from Daddy written in Yoda speak (which I had a hard time impersonating) and Eden got a singing Disney Princess card (I’m sure I’ll know this little tune by heart very soon). Jonathan and I put the cards and the stuffed animals my parents sent, in the living room before we went to bed, so the kids could wake up to their goodies.


Gabe read most of his card by himself!










The kids were very excited and super appreciative of their surprises, it was very sweet. However, about 2 minutes in Eden yells ‘PILLOW FIGHT’ and starts beating Gabe with her stuffed animal – I can’t think of a better way to show love for someone than mauling them to near death with a stuffed winged horse.



I finally separated the kids and told them it was time for breakfast, one last hug for your new lovey and then it’s off to school.




Later that evening Jonathan and I made heart shaped pizza with the kids. Super fun, and not as messy as I thought it was going to be (whew)!









Gabe loved rolling out the pizza dough but Eden didn’t like the texture.






A few spoonfuls of pizza sauce from our favorite local pizzeria – Vinny’s - YUM! Just a little tip:  If you’re going to make homemade pizza I would strongly suggest stopping by your favorite pizza joint and asking for a couple rolls of pizza dough and a container of sauce. It only costs a couple bucks and is way better than anything you can buy at the store.








 
Turkey Pepperoni anyone?













The finished product…can you tell the boys had pepperoni duty? I wish I had a picture of the pizza after it cooked – they actually turned out really well – but the kids were starving and dug in before I could get a pic.

Hope everyone took a minute to spend time with the ones they love today. I’m so thankful for my amazing husband and my adorable kids. I’m very blessed!



No comments:

Post a Comment