Wednesday, February 8, 2012

American Girl - Happy Birthday Kelly Grace!

Get ready for a lot of pink! To celebrate Kelly Grace’s birthday we took the girls up to DC for the day so they could do some shopping at The American Girl Store.

The kids and I got up early and dropped Gabe off at school (in his Super Mario pjs to celebrate Pajama Day – he looked so cute). I wish I had a picture but I left the house without my camera and forgot to have Jonathan snap a pic when he picked him up. We said our goodbyes and headed back home to pack up Zoey and pick up MiMi. We met Wendy and Kelly Grace in Williamsburg and were on the road!

Three short hours later we arrived safely (Thank you Jesus…Wendy’s driving is very…exciting).
The girls bundled up their babies in the parking garage and pranced all the way to the store.




How adorable is this?!?! Two little ladies! We were a little early for our lunch reservations at the Bistro so we let the girls roam the store for a bit.








‘Matthews - Reservation for 7 in the Bistro’


Eden was definitely putting on the Ritz while she waited for the hostess to gather our menus and crowns for the girls and their dolls…can you say Miss Sassy Pants?


If you have a little girl and live close to an American Girl Store I have to say that lunch in the Bistro is a must! The girls had such a fun time being catered to by the staff. Their dolls even sat at the table beside them in a doll booster seat.



Birthday Princess Kelly Grace read some of the ‘getting to know you’ questions that were in a box on the table.



I love the expression on the ladies faces behind our table…there was a group of 5 or 6 ladies all gathered to eat lunch for 4 year old twin girls (who were ADORABLE). They look exhausted! They just barely survived all the fun!





SIDENOTE* (Ok so Zoey looks normal in this picture – but I have to tell you that when Eden got Zoey for Christmas we noticed that she had a bit of a lazy eye. Symptoms were not problematic during playtime – but I would be lying if I didn’t say that it was kind of creepy to see Eden carrying around a doll with one eye open and one eye closed. *shivers

If you keep an eye out (HA) over the next set of pictures you can see that Zoey starts to get a little sleepy.)


Our waitress brought out cups and saucers for Rosie and Zoey and the girls thought it was the best thing since sliced bread!


Wendy and Kelly Grace – I love this picture!


(umm hmm Zoey’s slipping)


(what’s in that lemonade?)


Such a lady…




Happy Birthday KG! Everyone in the restaurant stopped to sing to Kelly Grace – she was a little shy about it but you could tell it made her feel special…that smile warms my heart.




Gift bags for the girls included an American Girl book, a birthday t-shirt for your doll, a plastic birthday balloon for your doll and stickers – so cute!


Ice Cream and Cake and Cake – Ice Cream and Cake and Cake – Ice Cream and Cake do the Ice Cream and Cake. Sorry, I couldn’t help myself, I’ve always loved that song! If you don’t know it…you should download it immediately it’s sung by the Buckwheat Boyz and it is perfect for birthday parties! My kids love it! (another BB song favorite in my house…peanut butter jelly time)






The girls and MiMi


After lunch we did a little more shopping – ok…a lot more shopping. We also spoke to someone about admitting Zoey to the hospital for surgery on her eyes. It was a tough decision but Eden and I discussed it and decided to go ahead with the operation.

Eden gave Zoey a few kisses and hugs while I filled out all of the hospital admission paperwork.




They put Zoey in a hospital gown and began admission – and Eden got bored.




What a day! The girls had such a good time. I think we’ll probably make this trip at least once a year. We said our goodbyes and left Zoey (who’s procedure is considered a minor operation and will be returned within 7-10 business days) in good hands.


Seven to ten business days later…Look who got a Certificate of Good Health from the doctor!


The Certificate reads: I hearby certify that Zoey is now ready to return home and resume all regular activites slowly. I prescribe plenty of rest for one week, plus an extra-strength dose of TLC to be administered at least twice daily.


Welcome home Zoey! We missed you!

No comments:

Post a Comment