Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Kiss & Tell

Every night at dinner Jonathan and I ask the kids about their day. It's one of my favorite parts of the day and I always look forward to hearing about what adventures they experienced, what they learned or who they met while Mommy and Daddy were at work.

Last night Gabe told us that Amiya kissed him on the cheek in the hallway at school. I probably won't get this exactly right, but I'm going to attempt to repeat to you the way this conversation went down.

Gabe:  Amiya kissed me at school today. But I didn't kiss her back.

Me: What!? Why did she kiss you? You're too young to be kissing!

Gabe:  She was playing boyfriend/girlfriend.

Me:  Where was your teacher?

Gabe:  I don't know. (dramatic pause) I kissed Sydney.

Me: Who?!? What do you mean you kissed her?

Gabe: Sydney. Well, there are two Sydney's. One sits next to me and one doesn't. I kissed her on the hand and on the cheek and told her she was hot!

Me: Gabe you are too young to be kissing! Why did you do that?

Gabe: Because she's beautiful. *rolls eyes and giggles

Me:  You can get in trouble for that honey. You are at school to learn, not to be kissing.

Gabe: But the teacher didn't even see! And...somebody peed in their chair today.

During this conversation I'm looking desperately at my husband because I'm at a loss. And what is he doing you ask...cracking up laughing. Gabe is very animated and his story telling abilities are always on point. But it seems I was the only person shocked by this behavior.

What have I gotten myself into? What do I say to discourage him from being the Kissy Monster at school without ingraining in him the thought that kissing is bad?

HELP!

No comments:

Post a Comment