Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Back to School!

Yesterday was the first day of school! Gabe graduated up to 4k with Mrs. Miller and Eden had her first day of school ever in Mrs. Foster's 3k class. They both started the morning off super excited. Daddy made breakfast and I packed lunches. Here they are standing at the front door with their backpacks (or as Eden likes to call them...'packpacks') on waiting to get in the car.



$200 worth of school supplies - Check! Backpacks on - Check! New school clothes - Check! Time to hop in the car and drive to school! They were both screaming at this point...shocker!


We arrived at Hampton Christian Elementary School around 7:45 a.m.


I thought it was so cute that they actually held hands all the way up to the front door of the school...without fighting! Gabe really enjoyed showing Eden around and Eden was happy to have her big brother there to make her first day a little less scary.




As soon as we walked into the school and turned the corner we see Mrs. Zirkle! She was Mrs. Foster's teachers assistant last year and (if Gabe has anything to do with it) she'll probably be his mother-in-law one day! He missed her all summer, so he was really excited to see her!



This is Eden in her class room and a picture of her with Mrs. Foster. Gabe was in Mrs. Foster's class last year and we just adore her. She loves our kids but boy...this lady means business! She is just what our little princess needs! You can tell from the picture below, Eden already looks the most submissive I think she's ever been. We found her name out in the hall and hung up her Hello Kitty 'packpack' and Gabe showed her where to put her lunch box. I gave her a quick hug and kiss before she could run off. Poor Daddy was left standing in the middle of the class room all alone. He called out to his little girl..."Eden! Come give Daddy a hug and kiss." She came running back right into his arms and gave him a huge hug and a quick kiss. This is when my husband lost control of his emotions! He was heartbroken. Happy that Eden had reached this milestone but sad that she didn't even care that either of us were about to leave her for the next 7 hours!



One of Gabe's girlfriends from last year is in his 4k class. But his assigned seat put him next to Mia. I'm not sure just yet if this with spawn into a 'romantic' relationship...but I'll keep you posted!


Jonathan and I hugged Gabe goodbye and walked back out to the parking lot. Once in the car Jonathan proceeds to tell me about how he 'held Eden like a baby this morning'. He said he asked her if she was his little baby and she replied with 'I'm not a baby! I'm Eden!'. I casually said that she wasn't a baby anymore and how I couldn't believe she was actually in school and he looked at me heartbroken and said 'She'll always be my little baby'. This was a hard morning for Daddy so I changed the subject to something a little lighter...Gabe's crush on Mrs. Zirkle's daughter, Shaina.

A few nights ago Gabe asked me if I thought Shaina would be at school this year. I answered, 'Yes, I'm sure she'll be there' and he smiled and said 'Good! She's on fire!'

"She's on fire? What does that even mean?" I say, completely confused.

"She's HOT mom!", he says with an attitude that says he's disappointed that I'm not 'down' with the current cool kid lingo. All I could think was 'Oh my! He's only 4!'

I waited to take lunch late in the afternoon so I could go with Jonathan to pick the kids up from school. We got there a little after 3:00 and the kids were very happy to see us!
  


This is Shaina! I'm not exactly sure how old she is...but I think it's safe to say she's at least 4 years older than her little admirer! Look how shy he looks here!


Gabe asks Eden, 'What did you do at school today Eden?' And she replies, in true Eden fashion, 'Everything I want!'. We spoke to Mrs. Foster and Eden was a joy! She even picked up some of Gabe's tips from last year. Like, If you tell Mrs. Foster you love her at least once a day you'll never get in trouble! Thanks for the advice Gabe! She did get hurt on the playground at recess and got an Accident/Incident Report Form sent home the first day. But at least it was just from playing outside and not a classroom brawl!




The ride home was classic! They both rambled on and on about everything they did. Eden said she learned about Jesus and that there were aliens in her classroom at nap time and Gabe explained that they learned soft vowel sounds and wrote the letter I. They were both tired and went home with Daddy to relax a bit while I went back to work.


 *Side note - Gabe wrote a letter for Mrs. Zirkle and Shaina this morning before we left for school. Isn't it a little soon for love letters?

2 comments:

  1. Erin this blog thing is a treasure. You could actually write a book, a best seller! Of course my grandchildren being the main characters makes the whole difference! Not to minimize your wit in writing about them. Aunt Terri said she teared up reading about Jonathan getting emotional over his baby girl. Keep up the good work, and thank you for doing this. I love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I hope that when the kids are older they enjoy reading it. :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete