Monday, March 5, 2012

Linus goes to the Doctor!

Jonathan and I thought it would be fun to take the kids along for Linus’ first vet appointment (well not his first…but his first since he’s come home with us). Oh boy was that a bad idea! But we’ll get into that a little later.

While Jonathan went to pick up the kids from school I left work and ran home to go pick up our boy. Look at that face!

‘No pictures please.’

I attempted to get Linus to use the restroom before we went inside but he refused to go. He was definitely having an issue with sensory overload. There were too many new smells and sights to behold – he didn’t have time for things like – you know…doing his business.


The vet tech gives Linus the once over before the doctor comes in. Which includes (but is not limited to) a stool sample. Now! If you have never had a pet let me tell you…this is not a painful process for your pup…but it’s not a good thing if he or she was too stubborn or preoccupied to use the restroom before their check-up. It’s like checking the oil in a car and it kind of gets things moving if you know what I mean.

After the tech left the room sweet little Linus wanted mommy to hold him. (Can’t say that I blame him…who wouldn’t want to be held after being mildly violated). That being said – I scooped up the little stinker…LITERALLY! The room already smelt of number two but the odor became somewhat overwhelming as I held my adorable puppy. I look down to find…YES! Wait for it…poop smears all over my arms and clothes! GAG!


To make matters worse…our other little boy decides to repeatedly pass gas! Thanks Gabe! The room, at this point, smells like a straight up porta potty!

I’m thinking ‘OH MY GOSH! I am mortified! The doctor should be in soon. She’s used to this right? I mean it IS a vet’s office. I’m sure she won’t even notice. Oh Dear God, please don’t let her notice!’

‘PFFFTTT’ - That’s when it happened…Gabe let out the loudest flatulent I’ve ever heard. And Jonathan and Eden break out in a synchronization of ‘ewws’ and ‘ughs’ mixed with laughter. Great! This only further motivates Gabe to continue his smelly antics.

He looks so proud – and Eden looks like she’s about to pass out. Doesn’t she know by lying on the seat, it only gets her closer to the root, or should I say boot, of the problem!


Thank goodness the vet didn’t say anything about the stench when she walked in and that Gabe had the manners and sense to hold in any further offenses until she was finished checking Linus.

So our puppy got a clean bill of health, Gabe got a good laugh out of everyone and I got an outfit covered in poop and a $100 vet bill. Time to call it a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment