Thursday, March 1, 2012

Happy Birthday Brendan! Let's go Bowling!

Happy Birthday Brendan! Okay, stay with me for a minute. Jonathan’s cousin Erica (on his mom’s side of the family) has a son Brendan who just recently celebrated a birthday. So that makes Gabe, Eden and Brendan…second cousins? Yeah I think that’s right. Anyway, the kids received an invitation to Brendan’s birthday at the Yorktown Weapon’s Station Twin Pin Bowling Alley (say that five times fast why don’t you). The kids were very excited – they’ve never been bowling and they look up to their older cousins. I believe their reaction was ‘we get to go to a big boy birthday’?

How cute is this!?

Who knew that they even made bowling shoes this small?







Daddy explains the rules…



Nice picture!


Ok so they are still a little young for granny bowling. Time to break out the bowling ball rollie thingy…I have no idea what that thing is called.




Turns out the kids are pretty good bowlers (a skill they must have inherited from Daddy). They need a little assistance with etiquette every once in a while but all in all I was very proud. They even hugged and high-fived when they had a decent frame. I tried to get a picture of these celebratory embraces…but my camera was too slow.



The kids stuffed themselves with pizza and pink lemonade but, of course, still had room for cake! This was possibly one of the coolest cakes I’ve ever seen – an Xbox console with controller…and all edible!



Happy Birthday Brendan!





I’ve talked about this in a previous post…you know…the Ice Cream and Cake song by the Buckwheat Boyz…well guess who found a singing birthday card with our favorite birthday jam…YEP! Yours truly!

I think Eden wanted to take it home – I’ll have to remember that for her birthday. The card also caused a little fight between Eden and another little girl at the party. She doesn’t look happy at the fact that Eden isn’t sharing.

Ahh…birthday kazoos! Kids love them – Parents hate them. Thanks Erica! HA!


We left around 8:00 so we could get the kids home and in bed since it was a school night. We told them they could go to town on their kazoos all the way to the car but once we were buckled they’d have to hand them to us. They didn’t whine as much as I thought they would at this deal. A quick exchange of kazoo for some glow in the dark bracelets and we were on the road headed home. (Parents – you’ll be happy to know I trashed the kazoos once the kids were in bed. Sorry Gabe and Eden).

No comments:

Post a Comment