Monday, August 22, 2011

Winner by Knock Out!

Sunday, August 14th 2011 @ 10:30 a.m.
The much anticipated match up of
Gabe 'The Babe' Matthews
vs
Rookie lightweight Eden 'The Firecracker' Matthews

So the kids were all invited into 'big people church' a couple of Sunday's ago to recieve their certificate for completing Vacation Bible School - properly named Panda-mania!

The kids walked out and onto the stage to jungle/tribal themed music. They were so adorable marching down the aisle and up the steps to stand next to Pastor Tommy. Gabe and Eden, naturally, were placed right up front since they are the smallest in the group. And I was one proud mother when I looked up to see that they had joined hands and were smiling so sweetly.

The jungle music stops and the track they were meant to sing to started. Eden immediately starts swinging Gabe's arm back and forth violenty to the beat. Which does not make Gabe happy. You can tell by the picture below that he's looking at me in despiration while yelling loudly for me to "Make Eden stop!"


Gabe finally manages to get his hand free. Eden immediatly trys to grab it back.


I don't have a picture of what happened next...but...Eden started screaming at Gabe (Just who does he think he is?  Not letting her swing his arm back and forth?!) Gabe then puts his hand over Eden's mouth to stiffle her screaming. Then...it happened! My super sweet, adorable children, who are about to get a certificate for completing 5 weeks worth of Vacation Bible School lessons...are FIST FIGHTING in front of the entire congregation!

I was so completely mortified! I wanted to army crawl under the pews all the way to the back of the church and make my escape. I was too frightened to turn around to see just who in our small little church found this display amusing...and who was shaking their heads in disbelief.


I think we can tell by the look on both of their faces - who the victor was in this bout!


In the end - both were still awarded their VBS Certificates.




No comments:

Post a Comment